- DD VE is a software-defined version of Dell EMC Data Domain that is apt for ROBO, entry and cloud environments. It is very flexible and can deploy in minutes to achieve backup, archive and disaster recovery. https://shop.dellemc.com/en-us/Product-Family/DATA-DOMAIN-PRODUCTS/Dell-EMC-Data-Domain-Virtual-Edition-Data-Protection-Software/p/DDM-Data-Domain-Virtual-Edition?PID=EMC_CAT-DDVE-F477_SPLSH
Product Spec Sheet
Product Data Sheet
Up to 4.8 PB with 96 TB configuration
Max Throughput (without DD Boost)
Max Usable Capacity per Instance
0.5-96 TB (on-prem and cloud solutions – AWS, Azure, VMware Cloud)
Backup, Replication and Disaster Recovery
Data Domain Products
Compare Data Domain
|Max Throughput with DD Boost||16.9 TB/hr||7.0 TB/hr||24 TB/hr||32 TB/hr||41 TB/hr||68 TB/hr|
|Usable Capacity||96 TB||32 TB||178 TB||288 TB||720 TB||1 PB|
|Max Usable Capacity with DD Cloud Tier (1)||288PB*||96 TB||N/A||864 TB||2.16 PB||3 PB|
|Logical Capacity with Deduplication||4.8 PB||1.6 PB||8.9 PB||14.4 PB||36 PB||50 PB|
|Max Logical Capacity with DD Cloud Tier (1)||14.4PB*||4.8 PB||N/A||43.2 PB||108 PB||150 PB|
1. DD Cloud Tier supports native cloud tiering for long-term retention
* DD VE supports DD Cloud Tier on-prem
|Evaluate||Deploy and Manage||Education|
|Data Protection Products||Description|
|Dell EMC Data Protection Suite||Enable backup, archive, or both with Dell EMC Data Protection Suite software. Simple, bundled tier-based licensing model.|
|Dell EMC NetWorker||Dell EMC NetWorker is unified backup and recovery software for the enterprise: deduplication, backup to disk and tape, snapshots, replication and NAS.|
|Dell EMC Avamar||Dell EMC Avamar deduplication backup software and systems provide fast, daily full backups and single-step data recovery.|
All software comes with the EMC Software Warranty.
The following services are available for purchase.
ProSupport for Enterprise (formerly Enhanced, Premium Support)
24x7 remote technical support, options for next business day or 4-hour mission critical onsite response, automated issue detection, self-service case initiation, and hypervisor, operating environment software and OS support
Includes all ProSupport for Enterprise features, plus priority access to ProSupport Plus engineers, a designated Technology Service Manager, regular assessments and recommendations, monthly reporting, and systems maintenance guidance
|ProDeploy for Enterprise||Integrate new technology into existing environments with confidence through extensive planning and validation by expert certified engineers.|
|ProDeploy Plus for Enterprise||The most complete enterprise deployment offer available in the market, ensures you are ready for today and prepared for tomorrow.|
|Basic Deployment||Consistent installation of enterprise hardware by experienced technicians. Worry-free installations give you the freedom to focus on your business.|
Choose from the industry's most innovative and flexible financing solutions to acquire Dell EMC hardware, software and services. Your Dell EMC Reseller and Dell Financial Services will work together to find the right solution for you.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Get cloud-enabled for modern protection with Data Domain DD3300; an entry-level appliance designed for the needs of SMB IT environments + enterprise ROBO.
- 2U protection storage appliance with comprehensive coverage
- Cloud-ready for LTR & DR
- Multi-site scalability for ROBO
- Starts at 4 TB; can manage up to 4.8 PB with DD Cloud Tier
Speed data backups up to 50% with the DD Boost software option and Dell EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems.
- Faster, More Efficient Backup
- Simplified Disaster Recovery
- Advanced Load Balancing and Failover
Data Domain Cloud Disaster Recovery (DD CDR) allows enterprises to copy backed-up VMs from their on-prem environments to the public cloud (AWS) for the orchestration and automation of DR testing, DR fail-over and failback.
- Protect directly from Data Domain to AWS
- Orchestrated failover within AWS
- Orchestrated fail-back to on-prem
- Secure, Simple & Economical Disaster Recovery
Take Free Training. Learn from the Experts.
Discover World Class Support.