- PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition (DDVE) is a software-defined version of PowerProtect DD that is apt for ROBO, entry and cloud environments. DDVE is very flexible and can be deployed in minutes to achieve backup, archive and disaster recovery. https://shop.dellemc.com/en-us/PowerProtect-DD-Products/Dell-EMC-PowerProtect-DD-Virtual-Edition/p/DellEMC-PowerProtect-DD-Virtual-Edition
Product Spec Sheet
Product Data Sheet
Logical Capacity with Cloud Tier
Up to 14.8PB
Usable Capacity with Cloud Tier
Up to 288TB
Backup, Replication and Disaster Recovery
PowerProtect DD Products
Compare PowerProtect DD
- How to Video: Install and configure PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition
- How to Video: Expand PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition Capacity
- Guide: PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition Installation Guide
- DDVE Best Practices: PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition Best Practices
|DDVE* at 96TB||DD3300||DD6900||DD9400||DD9900|
|Max Throughput||Up to 4TB/hr||Up to 4.2TB/hr||Up to 15TB/hr||Up to 26TB/hr||Up to 41TB/hr|
|Max Throughput (DD Boost)||Up to 11.2TB/hr||Up to 7.0TB/hr||Up to 33TB/hr||Up to 57TB/hr||Up to 94TB/hr|
|Logical Capacity||Up to 4.8PB||Up to 1.6PB||Up to 18.7PB||Up to 49.9PB||Up to 81.3PB|
|Logical Capacity with Cloud Tier||Up to 14.8PB||Up to 4.8PB||Up to 56.1PB||Up to 149.8PB||Up to 211PB|
|Usable Capacity||Up to 96TB||4TB – 32TB||48TB – 288TB||192TB – 768TB||576TB – 1.25PB|
|Usable Capacity with Cloud Tier||Up to 288TB||Up to 96TB||Up to 864TB||Up to 2.3PB||Up to 3.25PB|
Logical capacity based on up to 50x deduplication (DD3300) and up to 65x deduplication (DD6900, DD9400, DD9900) based on additional hardware-assisted data compression of up to 30%. Actual capacity and throughput depends on application workload, deduplication, and other settings.
*Throughput drawn running DDVE at 96TB instance. Host server: 2xIntel Xeon CPU (6 Cores each) @2GHz, 128GB memory, 2x10GbE NIC: Storage: DAS with 3TB 7200RPM SAS Drives, RAID6, Battery Powered HBA Cache Enabled, Disk Cache Disabled
|Evaluate||Deploy and Manage||Education|
|Data Protection Products||Description|
|Dell EMC Data Protection Suite||Enable backup, archive, or both with Dell EMC Data Protection Suite software. Simple, bundled tier-based licensing model.|
|Dell EMC PowerProtect Software||PowerProtect Software provides confidence data is protected and available to drive value as an asset.|
|Dell EMC Cloud Tier||Cloud Tier natively tiers deduplicated data to the public, private or hybrid cloud for long-term cloud retention.|
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Get cloud-enabled modern protection with PowerProtect DD3300 — an entry-level backup appliance designed for the needs of SMB IT environments and enterprise remote or branch offices (ROBO).
- 2U protection storage appliance with comprehensive coverage
- Cloud-ready for long-term retention and disaster recovery
- Starts at 4TB, can manage up to 4.8PB of logical capacity with Cloud Tier
Cloud Disaster Recovery (CDR) allows enterprises to copy backed-up VMs from their on-prem environments to the public cloud (AWS and Azure) for the orchestration and automation of DR testing, DR fail-over and failback.
- Protect directly to a supported cloud
- Orchestrated failover within AWS and Azure
- Orchestrated fail-back to on-prem
- Secure, simple & economic disaster recovery
Take Free Training. Learn from the Experts.
Discover World Class Support.