- Future proof NVMe and storage class memory (SCM) enables you to tackle mission-critical applications today and tomorrow with the world’s fastest storage array, Dell EMC PowerMax 8000. https://shop.dellemc.com/en-us/PowerMax/Dell-EMC-PowerMax-8000/p/DellEMC-PowerMax-8000
Product Spec Sheet
Product Data Sheet
Base TB per Brick
54 TB (open systems)
13 TB (mainframe)
Intel® Xeon® Multicore Processors
Typical Effective Max Capacity with Data Reduction
4 PBe (petabytes of effective capacity)
Maximum Front-End Host Ports
Bricks (for Scale Out)
Response Time (Mixed Workloads)
Under 300 microseconds
Response Time (Reads)
Under 100 microseconds
Data Center Consolidation
Dell EMC PowerMax Products
- Ensure data protection and recovery at the highest levels of data integrity for disk backup, archive, and disaster recovery.
- Protect data using best-of-breed software products for continuous replication, snapshot, deduplicated and traditional backup, and archive.
|Dell EMC PowerMax 2000 ||Dell EMC PowerMax 8000|
|Maximum IOPS ||2.7 Million ||15 Million|
|Response Times (Reads)||Under 100 microseconds||Under 100 microseconds|
|Typical Effective Max Capacity with Data Reduction ||1 PBe ||4 PBe|
|Bricks (for Scale Out) ||1-2 |
|Base TB per brick ||13 TB |
54 TB (open systems)
13 TB (mainframe)
|Maximum Front-End Host Ports ||64|
|Use Case ||Midmarket and enterprise storage, consolidation, transactional workloads ||Enterprise storage, consolidation at scale, mixed open and mainframe workloads|
|Storage Type ||Block, file, open systems, IBM i ||Block, file, open systems, IBM i, and mainframe|
|All PowerMax configurations come with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty. All software comes with the EMC Software Warranty. PowerMax arrays also include an all-flash storage efficiency guarantee.|
The following services are available for purchase.
ProSupport for Enterprise (formerly Enhanced, Premium Support)
24x7 remote technical support, options for next business day or 4-hour mission critical onsite response, automated issue detection, self-service case initiation, and hypervisor, operating environment software and OS support
Includes all ProSupport for Enterprise features, plus priority access to ProSupport Plus engineers, a designated Technology Service Manager, regular assessments and recommendations, monthly reporting, and systems maintenance guidance
|ProDeploy for Enterprise||Integrate new technology into existing environments with confidence through extensive planning and validation by expert certified engineers.|
|ProDeploy Plus for Enterprise||The most complete enterprise deployment offer available in the market, ensures you are ready for today and prepared for tomorrow.|
|Basic Deployment||Consistent installation of enterprise hardware by experienced technicians. Worry-free installations give you the freedom to focus on your business.|
|Dell EMC Data Domain|
|Dell EMC Data Protection Suite Enterprise Edition|
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
End-to-end NVMe and SCM performance, mission critical availability, and legendary data services come standard on the entry point PowerMax array, the PowerMax 2000.
- 2.7 million IOPS
- Under 100 microseconds read response times
- 1 PB effective maximum capacity
- Designed for 99.9999% availability
- Future-proof end-to-end NVMe
- Block/file, open, & IBM i support
Achieve low-latency performance, efficiency, and zero-impact copy services for block workloads with the Dell EMC XtremIO all-flash storage array.
- Unmatched storage efficiency
- Application-integrated copy data services
- Sub-millisecond latency
- All-the-time, inline data services
- Metadata-aware replication
- Quality of Service
Bring scalability, advanced data services, and mission-critical availability to enterprise workloads with Dell EMC VMAX 950F All-Flash Storage.
- Up to 6.7 million IOPS
- 350 microsecond latency
- 4 PB effective maximum capacity
- 99.9999% availability
- Rich data services
- Block/file, open, IBM i, and mainframe
Take Free Training. Learn from the Experts.
Discover World Class Support.